Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Prayer for 2012 ~ For My Sponsored Children

I wish this idea had been my own, but most great ideas come from other people. I'm so thankful when they decide to share them and I can apply them to my own life and my own experiences.

The idea is to have a specific prayer for each of my sponsored children for 2012. As I've thought about this idea for a couple days, it has developed and I'm excited to see how God will use it this year.

I have found the weekly prayer posts to be so helpful in focusing my prayers for my sponsored children and I will continue to use them in the upcoming year. However, I will go to scripture for my "official" prayer for all my children in 2012.

At first I thought about choosing a word like faith and praying for the faith of my sponsored children. And then I thought about the word love. And then the word hope came to mind.

That's where 1 Corinthians 13:13 comes in....

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This is my prayer for my sponsored children in 2012.

I will pray that when all else fails; faith, hope and love remain. That above all else, they know and experience God's love. That their faith in God gives them hope for a brighter future.

I will share this prayer with my children the next time I write to them. I will ask them to memorize this verse with me and in each letter I will share more about what it means to me to experience faith, hope and love. Throughout the year I will look for scripture to share with them and will take this opportunity to disciple them.

For me, this is what sponsorship is about. It's about discipleship.

Do you have a prayer for your sponsored kids for 2012? If so, please share about it in the comments.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...