Monday, July 13, 2015

Mekdes in Ethiopia


Mekdes 

First letter dated January, 2008 - last letter dated September, 2010 (age 19)

Miscellaneous info from letters:

  • home is 100 km from Addis Ababa
  • lived 130 km from home to study at college - history education (Ethiopian, African and World)
  • teaches Sunday school class to 6-11 year olds
  • Mother is a believer, father is not
  • Jesus is "her choice"
  • 1 brother, 4 sisters

final letter...

May the peace of the Lord lavish on you. How are you my beloved sponsor? Thank you for the photo of mine you sent me. I like reading the Bible. It has a main role in my life. I would like to work in Compassion because there are many kids who have social, spiritual and economical problems. I want to help them.  
God used you to set me free and broght me to light. God bless you. It's been two months since I began a job. I'm teaching from grade 5-8. I am really grateful to you for what you have done for me.  
I do pray for you to keep up your good deeds. My staying in the project is over. I hope we'll meet one day. God bless you richly. I love you. Bye.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...