Monday, November 9, 2015

Joseph in Tanzania

Joseph
January 1, 2006




We began sponsoring Joseph in March of 2011 and have received 65 letters so far. Both of his parents have passed away and he lives with his Grandmother. He also has a twin brother.

In almost every letter to us, Joseph "welcomes us to Tanzania". Oh how I hope we can go someday.




Joseph attends TZ 807 - Chamwino Student Center (3Km west of Dodoma)


He attends 1 day a week (Saturday) and it's located 1 km from his home. In 2012, this center was ministering to 253 children.  While at the center, Joseph memorizes verses and plays. He also eats spiced rice, oranges, beef and rice.

Joseph's community has about 600 residents. Work is mostly provided by petty business jobs and the mode of transportation is bus. 

He was able to purchase the following with $ we have sent: bag, shoes, sugar, soap, shirt, pants, necktie and shoes (as seen in the photo above)

In 2021 he began working at a garage.

Letter highlights....

Typical week....
  • typically get up at 7am
  • In the morning, I typically wash my face and go to school
  • I go to school on weekdays (Monday - Friday)
  • In the afternoon I typically collect water.
  • I go to the project on Saturday
  • In the evening I typically play ball with friends
  • I typically go to sleep at 8pm
  • My favorite day of the week is Saturday beause i am eating rice at the center. 

My hopes for the future...
  • I hope to learn about knowing God more.
  • I hope to visit my sponsor
  • I hope to be able to fix a car
  • I hope to meet my sponsor
  • When I grow up I want to be a doctor
  • When I grow up I want to get married and have children

Joseph greets you in the name of Jesus. He says that he is doing well with his family. He is very grateful to your letter which you sent him, and he feels happy when he sees your letter which you have written to him. Josephy says "May God bless you so much for remembering him with a letter."







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...